Chartered Management Institution Level 5 Award
Derventio Education understands the constant and changing pressures facing schools and academies today. It is becoming more important for schools and academies to combine the best aspects of both school and business leadership, to help facilitate school improvement. This is why we are delighted to offer the Chartered Management Institution Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management.
Delivered by expert trainers with leadership experience in schools and industry, the course covers all aspects required to be a successful school leader. Delegates will gain a much broader perspective for best practice around leadership, as well as practical advice on how to implement these new strategies and techniques within your school. The course utilises constructive examples from schools and business to ensure a wider view is taken.
The full course outline is as follows:
1. Best practice in school support - Part A
- Best practice and how to succeed in the role. Topics will cover Finance, HR, Governors, policies and SLA’s. The sessions will take a broad look at how the participants are managing their day job and provide opportunities for sharing best practice methods and approach
2. Best practice in school support - Part B
- An opportunity to review best value processes, funding reforms, financial efficiency, reporting on pupil premium spending and develop an action plan and agree steps to implement it
3. Managing teams
- Effective Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Task and maintenance factors and getting the right balance
- Team development stages and how to shape them
- How to build the optimum mix of skills and abilities
4. Managing performance
- Getting the best out of others
- Goal Setting
- Performance Management
- Feedback strategies
5. Managing change
- Factors driving change and how to manage them
- Change models and where to apply them
- Resilience and how to engage others
6. Managing school improvement
- Influencing skills
- Organisational politics
- Managing up, down and sideways
- Building open two way communication channels
The course gives you time to analyse what you are doing well and how you can adapt leadership styles for greater impact. The course gives you the opportunity to challenge your own organisational culture and values in confidence and enables you to feel empowered to make constructive suggestions to senior leaders/principals.
I really feel the course has provided me with a greater understanding of leadership, things I could focus on, will enable me to support the development of the team and challenge ‘up’ if necessary.
This training can be held at your school or alternatively at an external venue. We are able to offer this training for staff within your school, or with staff from other local schools. Please contact us to find out more.
Individuals attending will gain knowledge which will prove to be invaluable to your school or academy, and a professionally recognised qualification.
Find out more
If you would like to discuss your requirements and find out more about the CMI course please contact us today.Contact Us